Rogers releases latest Corporate Social Responsibility Report
Tuesday, October 30th 2012 12:09:41pm
Rogers’ CSR Report focuses on Rogers material issues of product responsibility, customer transparency, employee engagement, community investment, the environment and supply chain management during 2011. Highlights include:
• Despite the tremendous growth in Rogers business, it successfully reduced environmental impacts in many areas - for example, internal paper consumption declined by 19%, the number of customers using e-billing grew from 25% to 35%, diverting more materials from landfills, including 2,557 tonnes of office waste and 375 tonnes of telecom and IT-related products - an 11% and 57% increase respectively.
• The company’s significant community investment of more than $71 million in cash and in-kind support to registered charities and non-profits. This includes the 2011 launch of Rogers Youth Fund, a new corporate giving strategy focused on empowering at-risk youth through education.
• Best-in-class employee engagement scores, achieved through excellent employee communication tools and feedback channels and a national wellness program.
• A new three-year employee equity plan managed by a steering committee.
• Among Rogers many diversity initiatives last year, it conducted 346 workplace accommodations for people with disabilities and expanded the Rogers Women’s Network to create greater opportunities for women.
• The company’s new problem resolution tools and process to better address customers’ issues and biggest pain points. Rogers is also the only telecommunications company in Canada to have an in-house Ombudsman.
• An increase in ways Rogers communicates and receives candid feedback from its customers, including social networking channels and a new online community that lets its customers discuss technical issues related to their products.
Rogers full CSR Report can be found on www.rogers.com/web/content/CSR
For More Information:
Elizabeth Hunter, Rogers Communications
About Rogers Communications Inc.
Rogers Communications is a diversified public Canadian communications and media company. We are Canada's largest provider of wireless communications services and one of Canada's leading providers of cable television, high-speed Internet and telephony services. Through Rogers Media, we are engaged in radio and television broadcasting, televised shopping, magazines and trade publications, sports entertainment, and digital media. We are publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: RCI.A and RCI.B) and on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: RCI). For further information about the Rogers group of companies, please visit rogers.com.